The basic documents required for applying home loan in banks and non banking finance companies are Completed Home Loan Application Form, Passport size Photographs, Proof of Identification, PAN Card, Proof of Age, Aadhaar Card, Proof of Residence, Income Documents, Property Documents Required For Home Loan.
List of Documents Required for Home Loan
The documents required to apply for a home loan are based on the occupation of an applicant.
The common home loan documents list needed to apply are:
- Sales deed, stamped agreement of sale, or allotment letter.
- NOC from the housing society or builder.
- Possession certificate and land tax receipt form the land/land revenue/revenue department.
- Detailed estimation of the construction cost.
- Bank account statement or payment receipt detailing payment made to the seller or builder.
- Occupancy certificate (for constructed apartments).
3. Voter ID
5. Driving License
Any of the above identity proof document with the permanent address
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Post-paid mobile bill
- Water tax
- Property tax receipt
- Passport sized Photograph
Checklist of Documents to be Provided by Salaried Applicants?
- Income proof
- Latest salary slips
- Form 16
- Bank Account Statements
- Last 3 months
Checklist of Documents to be Provided by Self-Employed Applicants?
1. Proof of Business Existence
- GST registration certificate
- Trade license
- Partnership deed
- Articles of Association/Memorandum of Association
- Import Export Code
- SEBI registration certificate
- ROC registration certificates
- Profit & Loss Account Statement
- Balance sheet
3. Bank account statement
- Last 6 months statement
List of papers/ documents applicable to all applicants:
- Employer Identity Card
- Loan Application: Completed loan application form duly filled in affixed with 3 Passport size photographs
- Proof of Identity (Any one): PAN/ Passport/ Driver’s License/ Voter ID card
- Proof of Residence/ Address (Any one): Recent copy of Telephone Bill/ Electricity Bill/Water Bill/ Piped Gas Bill or copy of Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card.
- Permission for construction (where applicable)
- Registered Agreement for Sale (only for Maharashtra)/Allotment Letter/Stamped Agreement for Sale
- Occupancy Certificate (in case of ready to move property)
- Share Certificate (only for Maharashtra), Maintenance Bill, Electricity Bill, Property Tax Receipt
- Approved Plan copy (Xerox Blueprint) & Registered Development Agreement of the builder, Conveyance Deed (For New Property)
- Payment Receipts or bank A/C statement showing all the payments made to Builder/Seller.
- Last 6 months Bank Account Statements for all Bank Accounts held by the applicant/s
- If any previous loan from other Banks/Lenders, then Loan A/C statement for last 1 year.
Income Proof for Salaried Applicant/ Co-applicant/ Guarantor:
- Salary Slip or Salary Certificate of last 3 months
- Copy of Form 16 for last 2 years or copy of IT Returns for last 2 financial years, acknowledged by IT Department.
Income Proof for Non-Salaried Applicant/ Co-applicant/ Guarantor:
- Business address proof
- IT returns for last 3 years
- Balance Sheet & Profit & Loss A/c for last 3 years
- Business License Details(or equivalent)
- TDS Certificate (Form 16A, if applicable)
- Certificate of qualification (for C.A./ Doctor and other professionals)